Katowice is recognized for its efforts to strengthen the city’s investment potential, as evidenced by numerous awards and distinctions received in the area of modern business services sector.
- 2nd place in the ranking of Business-Friendly Cities of the Forbes monthly in the category of cities and communes from 150 to 299 thousand inhabitants (17/10/2023)
- 4th place in the ranking of the best cities for students 2023 prepared by Buisness Insider (02/10/2023)
- 2nd place in the Business Insider ranking in the category for the Best city to live in Poland (07/08/2023)
- Ranked 6th in the “Top 10 Large European Cities of the Future 2023 – fDi Strategy” area of distinction is the City’s strategy for attracting foreign direct investment (14/03/2023).
- Ranked 5th – FDI’s Intelligence European Cities and Regions of the Future 2022/23 in the best fdi strategy among large cities – (fDi, 2022)
- Katowice “European City of Science 2024” title awarded by EuroScience Association
- Ranked 3rd place in the „Polish Cities of the Future 2050” Ranking prepared by Saint-Gobain Group and Polish Society for Futures Studies in the subranking of office, residential and “after hours” and winner in the schools ranking
- Winner the “Top Municipal Investment of the Decade”for creating a concept the Culture Zone, organized by PortalSamorządowy.pl
- Ranked 6th place in Poland in the „Quality Of Life Ranking” published by „Newsweek”
- Ranked 2nd place “Europolis” of Schumann Foundation Ranking presenting the most eco-friendly Polish cities
- Ranked 2nd “Electromobility Cities Ranking”, prepared by Polityka Insight in collaboration with the Foundation for Promotion of Electric Vehicles
- Ranked 2nd place in the Local Government Ranking of “Rzeczpospolita”
- Title “Symbol of Social Responsibility 2021” awarded by PubliCity Media Group
- Winner the “People Friendly Cities” Forbes Ranking
- 1st place in the Forbes ranking the greenest cities in Poland (2018-2019)