Nevertheless, in terms of the number of business entities, the MSME sector plays the dominant role in Katowice, which constitutes about 99% of the city’s business entities (CSO of Poland 2022: 52,903) and creates significant potential job opportunities. MSME are mainly represented in industries related to trade, education, construction, industrial processing, professional, scientific and technical activities.
Katowice and Metropolis GZM are one of the five most developed centers of modern business services in Poland.
- 7,4% of employment in the sector nationally
- 126 BPO, SSC/GBS, IT and R&D centers with 29,700 people employed (forecast for Q1 2022)
- over the last 4 years employment growth in business services sector in Katowice and Metropolis has reached 68%, which gives over 12,000 new jobs, created mainly in Katowice
- in Katowice are located business services centers from 18 countries, among foreign companies, the largest share is represented by companies from the USA, France, Germany, United Kingdom and Netherlands which together account for almost 60% of all centers
- the major category of services provided in centers are within IT area, which also dominate the employment structure over 43% in Katowice and Metropolis
It should be said, that business tourism is dynamically developing and becomes one of the significant sectors in the city.
- 6,453 business events with over 1 M participants
- well-developed accommodation: 26 existing hotels and more hotel projects (****) in the implementation phase, diverse conference infrastructure
- the total participants expenses on conference meetings and other business events spent by them in Katowice amounted to almost PLN 210 M, which means an increase by 12.07% y/y compared to PLN 187 M in 2018.
- Zone of Culture – an example of successful revitalization ,,Katowice” mine, on its place 3 buildings were created: the NOSPR with one of the best concert halls in the world, the International Congress Center (38,000 m² usable space, capacity of the facility – 15,000 people) and the modern Silesian Museum
- Katowice – the city of great events: the European Economic Congress, the European Congress of Small and Medium sized Enterprises, Intel Extreme Masters, Rawa Blues, the Tauron New Music, the Silesian JazzArt Festival, Mayday, Maj Music Festival, OFF Festival