Katowice hosts numerous entertainment, artistic and cultural events of international reach, which are recognized by the audience and creators. The significance of Katowice on the cultural map of the continent was confirmed by giving the city the title of UNESCO City of Music in 2015. Numerous cinemas, theaters, museums and exhibitions provide access to high culture for both residents and guests.
- Silesian Museum was established in the revitalized areas of the former mine ,,Katowice”, over 80% of the museum exhibitions are located underground, thanks to the use of modern architectural solutions, their collections are presented in daylight, at a depth of over 13 meters
- Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra (NOSPR) – one of the best concert halls in the world with a rich musical repertoire
- wide offer of restaurants (also distinguished by Gault&Millau), clubs and pubs
- Mariacka Street – the most popular pedestrian street in Katowice, it lures with extraordinary music and pubs, unforgettable parties and events, summer movies and theatre plays
- wide cultural offer: 3 theaters, 6 museums, 8 cinemas, 12 art galleries
- Katowice – the city of great events: the European Economic Congress, the European Congress of Small and Medium sized Enterprises, Intel Extreme Masters, Rawa Blues, the Tauron New Music, the Silesian JazzArt Festival, Mayday, Maj Music Festival, OFF Festival